Santa Clara, OR Real Estate and Community Info. | The Galand Haas Team, your Santa Clara, OR real estate specialist

Santa Clara Real Estate and Community Info

Home > Oregon > Eugene > Santa Clara Real Estate

Bordered by Beacon Drive to the north and Oregon Route 569 to the south, Santa Clara is a distinct neighborhood that lies directly north of Eugene, Oregon. Though approximately 45% of the neighborhood is incorporated into Eugene, the other 55% is unincorporated. This unique geography renders Santa Clara an interesting mix of country and city, rural and suburban.

Shopping and Dining

With many of the region’s best farms situated just north of the neighborhood, Santa Clara has some of the freshest produce in the area. Lone Pine Farms offers u-pick strawberries, u-pick flowers, and a wide variety of fresh seasonal produce, including salad greens, peppers, and artichokes. Santa Clara real estate also is home to several restaurants, including Shari’s Restaurant, Greek Paradise, Don Juan Mexican Restaurant, and Subway. For additional choices, residents can head toward downtown Eugene where an eclectic offering of international delights is sure to please any palate. Morning Glory Café, Keystone Café, Red Agave, McMenamin’s North Bank, Iraila, and Ring of Fire are just a few of the area’s most delicious eateries.

Additional dining options are mixed with local and national shops at the open-air Oakway Center. The center is home to Bed Bath & Beyond, Chapalas Mexican Restaurant, Chico’s, Coldwater Creek, Old Navy Pier 1 Imports, P.F. Chang’s, Pottery Barn, Starbucks, Trader Joe’s, and more. The Coburg Antique Market on S. Harrison features antique goods from vendors across the state.

Fresh produce is available every Saturday from March through November at the Saturday Market at E. 8th Ave and Oak St.

Parks and Recreation

Only an hour to the east is the Pacific Ocean, and an hour to the west are the Cascade Mountains - Santa Clara real estate offers plenty of outdoors activities. Closer to home, Awbrey Park off of River Road, offers community residents a wooded oasis for relaxing outdoors.

River Road Park and Recreation District operates a community center and community pool near Santa Clara. The district also coordinates the ‘School’s Out for the Summer’ Carnival, Summer Concerts at Emerald Park, sports tournaments, and teen outings. Group exercise classes, community hikes, swim lessons, gymnastics, and youth programs also are offered.

Biking is a favorite local activity, and many people bike around town. The Willamette River bike trail features miles of scenic, paved trails that connect areas throughout the city. Hiking and camping are big hits as well. The region around Santa Clara and Eugene offers some of the best camping and hiking in the country.

At 2,363 acres, the Howard Buford County Recreation Center is Lane County’s largest park. Mt. Pisgah, the park’s central attraction, provides a 209-acre living museum. The Mount Pisgah Arboretum is situated on the west slope of Mt. Pisgah and features evergreen forests, a white oak savanna, water forests, a water garden, and a 2-acre wildflower garden. The Howard Buford County Recreation Center also is home to a 20-acre horse arena and 17 miles of hiking trails.

Golf enthusiasts can tee off at the Shadow Hills Country Club, which features a championship course as part of its 24-acre practice facility.

For indoor activities, there’s always the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art, the Museum of Natural and Cultural History, the Downtown Athletic Club, and the Red Cane Theatre.


Known for its friendliness and plentiful outdoor activities, Eugene is also home to great shopping, good schools, and an almost never-ending list of things to do. Though the city’s real estate spans many decades and price ranges, Santa Clara real estate is home to many of Eugene’s newer, more affordable homes.

Schools, Health, and Transportation

Children in the area are served by the Eugene School District. Adult students are able to attend one of the state’s most popular public universities: The University of Oregon.  

Eugene’s Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend provides acute care and emergency services to area residents.

Santa Clara is approximately 10 minutes from downtown Eugene. Though small, the Eugene Airport offers easy access to domestic and international connections. Domestic travel also is available through Amtrak.

Presented by Galand Haas and The Galand Haas Team. If you are thinking about buying or selling a home, give us a call at (541) 349-2620 or send us an email to explore your options and to find out when is the best time for you to make a move.

Contact Information

Photo of Galand Haas Team  Real Estate
Galand Haas Team
Keller Williams Realty Eugene and Springfield
2644 Suzanne Way
Eugene OR 97408
Direct: (541) 349-2620
Fax: 541-687-6411

Share This Page

Find Your Next Home

Homes for sale in the Eugene area are only a click away!